Monday, March 26, 2012

Peace Headband

Well this is the Peace Headband I made for my friends daughter. She saw one someone had made on  facebook, so it isn't my idea. But I thought it would be pretty easy to do. 

I messed up on the peace symbol. lol

But it was easy to fix.  Here's how I made this headband. I used creativeyarns' Simple Crochet Headband, but I only did two strands instead of three.  Then, for the Peace Symbol, this is what I did:

G hook, two different colors yarn (same as the color you used for the headband, and a contrasting color).
*Do not join at ends of rows. Use a stitch marker or differen colored yarn to mark the first stitch of each round.
Round 1: Ch 2. 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. (6 sc)
Round 2: 2sc in each sc. (12 sc)
Round 3: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) around. (18 sc)
Round 4: (2 sc in next sc, sc i next 2 sc) around. (24 sc)
Round 5: (2 sc i next sc, sc in next 3 sc) around. (30 sc)
Round 6: (2 sc in next sc, sc in next 4 sc) around. (36 sc)
Round 7: sc in each sc around. Change to contrasting color when pulling up last loop of very last sc in round.
Round 8: repeat round 7.  Join at end of round 8. Fasten off.
I don't know how to describe how I did the peace symbol on the headband, but I will do my best. With contrasting yarn and hook, make a slip knot and pull it up in the center of the circle through the little hole, through the back, with the yarn in back of the circle. Put hook into next space (I did the straight part of the symbol first), pull yarn through to finish the stitch. You might have to fiddle with it to figure it out. Here is a good tutorial on how to do surface crochet: http://www.crochetspot.com/how-to-crochet-surface-crochet-or-surface-slip-stitch/
Sew the peace symbol onto the headband on the left side of headband, or wherever you like it best. :) 

No comments: