Sunday, March 04, 2012

Cup Caddy

Well I finally bought Carlinda's Cup Caddy pattern on Ravelry, about a week or so ago.  And yesterday, I finally got around to crocheting one.  I just love it. It's so cool. Little enough to put on a desk or bookshelf...  And hold all the extra pens or crochet hooks and other stuff that are laying around. It's a recycler and an organizer all in one. :D

I made this one in "Monet" by Red Heart. I have someone in mind to give it to. I didn't have any coffee cups in a matching (or simillar) color, though. So yesterday I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the Thrift Store. Eon always does. But Eli, I don't think wanted to...  (But he went.)   A girl asked me if she could help me find anything. I said "Well this is going to sound weird; but I'm looking for a coffee cup, in blue or purple/lavender."  She helped me find one on the top shelf. I said "I was trying to look up there, but I'm too short." :P She said she had just cleaned that shelf off that morning, so she knew what was up there. :D    Well when I got the cups home (I bought a white, "Circus, Circus" one, too) I untied the ribbon and cellophane off the cup (it had green peppermints in it) to wash it. I saw that it's a cup from Detroit, Michigan.  How funny~ I got a Michigan cup at a Thrift Store in Nevada?...  Lol.  I just thought that was neat.

I hope to make lots more of these, for gifts and one for myself.  I'm going to have to start going to garage sales for more coffee cups! :D

No comments: