Saturday, January 28, 2006

Some pictures finally...

Well here are some old pictures but I still haven't posted them here. This is a cupcake Cradle Purse I crocheted for my neice. It is an Annie's Attic Scrap Crochet Club pattern, I just added the cradle part myself from someone else's pattern. I bought her a little 99 cent doll to put in there. I still have to crochet a little afghan for it. (My sons' bear is in the picture. I made another cradle purse that his bear is still in.) Who says boys don't like cradle purses? I have finished another pair of slippers for Pine Ridge. These aren't them, these are the first ones I did. The ones I just finished are brown, and 'Berries'. But my batteries in my camera decided to die yesterday. Taking about one hundred pictures of the kids didn't help any, but... ;p I did one row on the 'Rainbow of Tiers' lapghan last night. I don't know, it's just not in me to crochet lately. Or knit. Well maybe I'll get some more batteries over the weekend and can post a picture of the slippers.

















These slippers are going to my elder at Pine Ridge. I don't know what size shoe she wears, but maybe she has someone in her home who can wear them. I guess it's the thought that counts, eh? I think I'm going to make my stepdad a pair just like these. Since I don't know what to buy him, he can't eat anything candy or sugar so... I think he'd like a pair of slippers, though.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Tina, the cupcake cradle purse is so cute! well I havent seen a cradle purse that isnt cute. (I wonder why I havent made any yet...)
The slippers look so comfy and I love the colors you used on that.

Tina said...

Thanks Mimi. I don't know if I blogged about it, but I tried one of the slippers on to see (I think I posted it at C'ville), and they are nice and warm. I think I might have to make myself a pair too. ;P They are pretty simple to make once you get past the first couple of rows which you kind of have to ignore half the instructions. I had to double up a lot of stitches in the first row. Then for the second row, I had to skip one of the last '2 dc in last five st'. Then the last row worked out fine. I don't think they are very clear because she said her gramma ? just told her from memory, you know how that goes... ;P