Friday, October 24, 2008

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Slippers....

Ha ha.... I know I'm going crazy, now.... ;) I have been making slippers lately. I joined the slipper swap at CrochetMania, and I didn't stop after making my swap partners slippers... These will all go to Pine Ridge. I've made a bunch of these slippers before, they are 'Ruby's Slipper'. For the blue/blue variegated ones, though; I knew I wouldn't have enough of the dark blue to do the cuff part like the pattern states. Soooo.... I divided what I had left into two separate balls. Then, I did my own thing....
I think it turned out pretty cool. I know you can't really tell very well in the picture. The yarn is so dark, too... Well, the slipper on the right, you can kind of see what I did. :)

These ones I did 'normal'. They were a little tight on our six year old, so they will probably fit a five year old. Same with the blue ones.... I am going to put little treats and toys in them, for the kids. :-D This one has a 'Robin' Happy Meal toy. I am really getting into collecting Happy Meal toys to send there.

These slippers I made in an about 2-4 size? (I hope?)... To send to the youngest grandson of someone I send things to on Pine Ridge. She is raising three of her grandkids, now. With money being so tight (and slippers on the brain, anyway :P) I decided to make them all a pair of slippers. And put little things in them, too. (Well, except maybe the grandma's...) lol Oh, for the Grandma's slippers, I am thinking about making the Mock Cable slippers in dark orchid (like a plum color?). That's what I made for my swap partner, too. She said it's her favorite color. (Yay, I was hoping she would at least like that color, but I didn't know it was her favorite!) Here is another slipper pattern I would like to try: Colorful Knitted Slippers It uses up oddments of stash, just up my alley... :P
I have been trying to make my own stitch markers. They are so much fun, and easy to do! You can see how to make one, too: Here. I have made three, so far. Two knitting ones, which I sent to my slipper swap partner. And one crochet one. Well that's all for now. Have a Great Day everyone. ;-D

3 comments:

LG said...

Hello Tina! Your sets of mini slippers are so cute! You are an angel - I know they´ll be treasured.

Lesalicious said...

Awww all those mini slippers are so cute.
Also wanted to invite you to a crochet board I have running. Take a look join if you like. http://womenthatcrochets.ning.com/

Tina said...

Hi Vik and Lesa! Thank you both, aren't the blue and yellow ones tiny? I hope they will fit lol...

Thanks so much for the invite, Lesa. I will go check it out! :)