Thursday, October 11, 2007

An Apple Tea Cozy! And some foot cozies, too. :P

! Lisa of A Playful Yarn so kindly asked me to test her apple tea cozy for her. Of course, I said yes! I am a pattern testing junky, don't ya know? ;) Plus, I love, love, love this tea cozy!! And now that mine is done, I love it even more. It is perfect! I didn't think it would fit my pot, but it fits perfect, too. Now I have two apple things (well, three if you include my apple tea towels...) :P My kitchen is turning out to be more "apple" than "rooster". But, that's okay. There are more apple-y things out there than rooster, anyway.
Here is a close-up of the leaves, and stem. This one is a little blurry, sorry. Thanks so much again for letting me test this, Lisa! :D You can buy Lisa's Apple Tea Cozy pattern at her etsy store!
And, the 'foot cozies', aka slippers. Now that my swap partner has her box, I can post these. This is the first time I have made these. Ever. And, I love them. It is a mock cable pattern, so I didn't even have to use a cable needle.
A side view. I am going to make a pair of these for my mom. She has a doctors' appointment next Monday and I am worried. It isn't anything too big, but I worry about everything, anyway.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

They both are pretty, Tina! I love the style of both, it would fit right into my home ;) I am not into tea cozies though, since I'm not a regular tea drinker. And I'm not wearing warm slippers/socks too since it doesn't get that cold here. (Remember the sock you crocheted for me?...gave it to my sister and she likes it and uses it a lot :)

Tina said...

Thanks Mimi. It does get cold enough here to wear them. I thought about that later, sending you those socks. I was in the Sock CAL right around that time, though. So I was in the 'mode'... I'm glad your sister likes them though. :)
I think my tea pot might be too big for this cozy. Someone at Crochetville said it looks more like a pear. It might actually be for a 4-cup size pot. Mine is a 6-cup pot. Or maybe it is just the way my pot is shaped? (It's the pot a post or two back...) Anyway. Thanks for stopping by Mimi. :)