Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yo-Yos

Here are 100 yo-yos I shipped off to be made into a lapghan or an afghan, today. It's for the yo-yo drive at CFAC. It takes a lot of yo-yos just to make an afghan. But, on the other hand, if you have little bits of yarn they are good for using up scraps, too. I could have probably made a purse out of these. But I can make more where they came from. Besides, I already have enough on my plate as it is. :o)
Our ten year old asked me 'Can you make me one? I want one that is half black and half red.' I said 'What are you going to do with it?' 'I don't know.' I said 'How about a keychain?' So that's how this one came about....
And of course, his little brother wanted one, too. ;) He wanted one I already had made, so I crocheted a different color blue around the edge to attach the keychain ring. Or should I say rings? I don't know why they need two on there.... Anyway~~ I am making a few more of these to donate to the CFAC store to sell. It will raise money for the propane fund on Pine Ridge. They only take five minutes or so to make, so I should be able to get a lot done.


2 comments:

Mimi said...

It looks hard to attach those yoyos together, they're too small...
The red and black keychain reminds me of yin-yang design ;)

Tina said...

That's what I kinda thought, too, about the keychain. Yes, the yoyos look like they would be a pain to try and put them all together. I just sent them in the mail yesterday. It might be a good project if you just had litle scraps you wanted to use up. But, I don't know if I would like it... It would probably be one of those projects that I never finish.