Saturday, September 01, 2007

Broncos Football and Some UFO's, too

I finally finished this football. It is huge! I didn't know it was going to be so big. (I really don't like it.) But, our four year old does, so... :) He *loves* the Broncos for some reason... Well. I know why. Someone we know gave him a Broncos t-shirt. After that whenever we would see anything Broncos, he would get so excited and say 'Broncos!' so I would ask him 'Do you even know what the Broncos are?' LOL... One day I thought, 'Hey, I could crochet him a *Broncos* football!'... Well I am not too happy with how it turned out, but... like I said, he is. So. I guess that's what counts.
After finishing up the football, I thought, 'I should see what else I can finish up' (What an undertaking...) This is the Between Meals Centerpiece doily that has been an UnFinished Object (UFO) forever... I figured out what row I left off on, and started it back up... Here I am blogging... Can you tell I am sick of it already? I want to finish it, but I really don't even know where I am going to put it! It is way too big for any of our tables... I have no idea who to give it too... Except *maybe* my husbands' Grandma. She used to have a huge 'candy' table but since she has moved, I don't even think she has it anymore.... Her dining room table is big enough... Her sister (my husbands' late great aunt) used to crochet huge doilies. She didn't even use a pattern. She would just make them. (They weren't all that great if you ask me, but...) So I think his Grandma would appreciate it. If I ever finish it, that is.... :p

And, here is another doily that I haven't finished.... This one is going to be a pansy doily when it grows up lol... The reason I got this one out is because my mom sent me a page from a magazine she wants me to make her... I need to find that now, too.... (Sigh...) I can't remember exactly what it was. A bowl cover or something. It was almost identical to this doily. So I thought I would finish it and see if it *works* or not... I started this one even before I started the BMC doily. See how long it takes me sometimes to finish things....
I hope you are all having a nice weekend. My husband is making dinner tonight, it smells so good (mmmm~~ chili!)... I'm crocheting (and blogging)... A relaxing weekend night. And four days of it! Have a Good One everyone and be safe!


2 comments:

Mimi said...

The pansy doily looks very pretty and it isn't too big. I wouldnt have the patience either to make big doilies...The football looks cute and huggable ;)

Tina said...

Hi Mimi! I was wondering if you were all right. :) Yes, the pansy one is almost done, too. The BMC one is a pain...

Hope all is well with you. Thanks for stopping by!