Thursday, September 06, 2007

Country Stores

One thing I miss about living in Michigan is the country stores.... I still have yet to see one out here. In Michigan, there was Rau's Country Store in Frankenmuth. We had to drive a little over an hour to get there, but Frankenmuth was awesome, and so worth it. (Especially the fudge...) :p One other place I used to go to was the Dixboro General Store, in Ann Arbor. That was about a half hour/forty five minute drive. Then there was a Touch of Country store, right by our sons' school... I miss them. :( The only thing I have seen out here is Cracker Barrel. Which doesn't really cut it for me. Unless I am eating there. And don't even get me started on the apple orchards out here (if you can call them that..) Spicer's Orchards back home was the best. And, they had their own little country store there, too. I wonder if it's anything like that at High Country Orchards... although it is peaches, not apples... I guess I will have to keep looking...

No comments: