Friday, December 29, 2006

Finally!! I finished another gift item...

Whew..... Now I only have one more to go. This is for my brother and his fiance. Technically they aren't married yet, so it isn't his wife... (Long story...) This is from the 'Big Book of Crochet'. Second thing I've made from this book. (Gavins' blankie was the other thing.) I really like how it turned out. It's 10 and a half inches wide by 16 inches long. I decided to not make it too long. Not many people have big long tables anymore. Especially couples in L.A., I would think.... I still haven't blocked it. Maybe by the time they get married it will be blocked.... LOL
And here is a doggy sweater I made for Gerty. :D I joined the 'Duds for Doggies CAL' at Crochetville last night. (Oh the name of the CAL was just recently changed to 'Duds for Doggies and Furry Ingrates CAL'. LOL. Can't forget the feline friends, they get cold, too!) And, I finished this last night, too. LOL! It worked up so fast. I used a sweater for Chis pattern. I added a row of sc in fur around the two ends, too. I hope it isn't too big!! She is so tiny. Well if it is too big she can grow into it. My friend is always talking about the cute dog sweaters at the pet shop. She got her one. I thought I'd make her another one. This may be a new obsession with me... I hope not. I think this one is cute, too. For my brother's dog. (Which, incidentally, is also a Boston like the one in the picture...) :p Oh, by the way, while I am posting.... I cannot leave a comment on my own blog... :( I don't know what is going on. Ever since blogger switched to beta I can't figure anything out... But I meant to say thank you everyone for your comments! :D

2 comments:

Lucy said...

That is so adorable for the doggie...love the color!

Tina said...

Thanks Lucy! I haven't given it to her yet. Next time I see her. I will definitely try to get a picture of Gerty in the sweater, though and post it here. :)