Thursday, August 11, 2016

Update On Duke

I got the lab results from the Vet.  I can't even begin to describe what it is he has.  Here is what the email said:
"The results from the aspirate are most consistent with a soft tissue sarcoma such as a hemangiopericytoma, neruofibrosarcoma, or malignant schwannoma/malignant nerve sheath tumor.  I know these are all very big names, but most of these are very low grade tumors.  Meaning they grow slow and rarely spread to other areas of the body.  We would need to get at least 2 centimeter margins around this tumor so unfortunately it does mean a full anesthesia.  Some of these will grow back months to years after excision.  Its less likely if we get good margins, and the margins are clean."    Basically he has to have surgery, and full anesthesia. :(   I thought the word "sarcoma" sounds like cancer...   Poor Gooby Goo.   I just hope this takes care of it and they DON'T come back..   I am waiting for the Vet to call me...  I will keep you updated.

~Update~

I just got off the phone with the vet and confirmed it is cancer. I also googled it before talking with them.  She said if they get it all then he will be "fine"; but there is always a chance it will come back.   :(  I am taking him in today for pre-bloodwork and scheduled his surgery for next Wednesday.  He is my best little buddy.  :(

No comments: