Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Duke's First Trip To His New Vet...

I had made an appointment on Monday for Duke, at a new Vet's office here.  He hadn't been since we lived in Tennessee. Plus, he has had some "issues".  One was his one ear, something was going on with it (I had totally forgot about the ear, because I had done a vinegar/water wash for 7 days; and it didn't seem to be bothering him... apparently it still has something going on- a yeast infection).  But the thing I took him for is a bump (which I posted about when it first started- a picture of what it looks like now is a few pictures down, so if you don't want to look at it, be forewarned.)  Plus he just needed to be updated on his shots, etc..    Well, that was a huge chunk of change. (Sigh...)  The thing that cost the most was the lab for the bump.  And I still haven't even gotten that taken care of. They have to call me back with the results and see what the next step will be. So, it's going to be even more money. Sigh...

Duke kept panting and whining....  

Poor Duke...

We tried distracting him with lights from our phones.. :P  He was trying to get the light on the wall here.   He has gained almost 25 pounds since his last vet appointment! I thought he had filled out (he is really muscular). The vet said he is a little overweight.
The next picture is the bump (in case you don't want to see it)...
It keeps getting bigger...   I have no idea what it is. But, she did say it was really bloody.  ??? Hopefully it was just a clogged hair follicle or something that got infected.   Sheesh. He is high maintenance.  I have to give him ear drops for a week now.  Fortunately only once a day. He doesn't like it, so I have to get Steve to help me (pin him down).  But his ear already looks better, from the vet washing it all out.  

A not very good picture of Duke being all wore out from his first trip to the vet....    

Now today we get to go get haircuts and go apply for jobs for Eli...    Do Moms ever get a break? ;)

1 comment:

paula said...

Indy had ear issues this past year too. Vet cleaned them and we, well, really I, had to put drops in them, trying to get them as far into the ear canal as possible, then massaging them into the inner tissue.

From what you said she is a lot better "patient" than Duke is. Probably because I had been cleaning them out for sometime with cotton swabs.

It was amazing how quickly they cleared up.

Indy, and my Paka, both had a lot of the fatty growths that dogs get but neither have ever had one like Duke's. Keep us up on what the report is.