Thursday, November 14, 2013

Slippers and a Scarf and Hat Set

My husbands' slippers are one, and wrapped and ready for Christmas.They have been done for a few days, just haven't posted about them til now. I also started a pair of Elf Slippers, for Eon.  I really wanted to knit the Elf Shoes, but I could not wrap my brain around them for some reason. Having real scatterbrain issues right now. So unless it is simple enough for a brain dead knitter (like me)... Yesterday I (almost) finished two Snowman Kisses Tic-Tac Holders (?); for stocking stuffers for the boys.  I am making a Grinch Pills one for my husband.  I am having a hard time finding any green Tic Tacs, though..  :/  I found some light green ones yesterday (but I didn't buy them). 

Here is a hat/scarf/gloves set ready to go to Pine Ridge for the Elders for CFAC.  I had some Red Heart Soft left from my Mom's bag; so I did the hat. (Just like mine- last picture of that post. Except next time I will use a bigger sized hook, and do the extra rows like I did for mine- this hat is a litttle bit tight.)  Then I tried to find orange gloves to go with it. All I could find were brown ones with an orange bow. So I got those. Then I saw a scarf that my SIL liked in a picture of two little girls on facebook. They both had scarves on, grey and off white. I loved their scarves and sat there trying to figure out how she made them.  Well, I don't know if this is how she did it, but this is what I came up with. :P  I started with the orange until I ran out. Then I did tan. Then since the gloves are brown and orange, I did the brown.   This is how I did the scarf. Pretty basic.

H hook
Worsted weight yarn
Chained 36 (?) Dc in fourth chain from hook and in each chain across.  Ch 3 turn.
Row 2: Dc in BLO in each dc across. Ch 3, turn. Repeat row 2 until your scarf is long enough. 

I used a smaller weight worsted weight for this one, so I might chain less for regular worsted weight. I don't know. It measures eight inches across, exactly.  This was my "Carpool Project"; while I sat in car pool waiting for Eon.  I got SO sick of it, but...  Now I'm going to start another one. LOL  In grey and Aran Fleck (or mayble in Buff Fleck). Like the original ones I saw. :D

1 comment:

paula said...

Can't wait t see the Elf Slippers . . and the tie-tac section has me interested as to what it will be.