Sunday, March 10, 2013

What I Did All Day Yesterday..

Yesterday I made some Pineapple Upside Down Cake. (Doesn't look very yummy does it??... ) I had bought a can of crushed pineapple because I had some plain yogurt I used for the sauce, for homemade gyros. I don't know if I ever posted those.. Well I asked my husband if he thought he would eat this if it had fruit in it. (He loves fruit on the bottom yogurts.) I like yogurt, but I can't eat it (although once in a while I do), because I'm lactose intolerant. Anyway he said it would taste good with some crushed pineapple. Sooo.. Yesterday I mixed some into some of the plain yogurt, and thought "What am I going to do with the rest of this?" I immediately thought "Pineapple Upside Down Cake". Never mind that I already made homemade egg and cheese biscuits for breakfast, and still had to make dinner. (What am I? Part Amish?...)  :P  Well when you have hungry boys and they have friends over, you need food. And since they ate all the "good stuff", now I have to bake. 

I made the cake from scratch, too. The recipe called for Cake Flour. I don't have any cake flour. I was just going to use regular flour. But then I wondered if there would be a substitute. So I googled it and found one: How to Make Cake Flour.  I have never made pineapple upside down cake before. 

It turned out pretty yummy. Even though it doesn't look very yummy. :P   What do the boys do when I made a super yummy dessert I worked all afternoon on? Inhale it...  O.o  Lol

This was what I made for breakfast. Homemade egg and cheese biscuits. I had seen something like this somewhere. Maybe on Pinterest? I didn't feel like looking it up. I thought, "I could just make the biscuits, then make the eggs like an omelette, and use the biscuit cutter to make the eggs and cheese all the same size..."    I for the longest time said I am not joining Pinterest. I didn't even know what it was when I first heard about it. Then when someone told me, I thought "How stupid is that? You 'pin' something to a board? What a waste of time..'"  Lol!! Guess who is HOOKED now?... ME. They have a lot of the cutest ideas on there. I found a lot of new recipes to try there, too. 

No comments: