Saturday, March 09, 2013

Baby Bunny Basket #1 Is Done..

I don't know how I finished this today, but I did. I feel like I have been cooking all day long; doing the dishes, cooking, doing the dishes...  Eli has a friend over night. I will save that for another post. I started this bunny basket last year, when I got the Crochet World issue in the mail. I was going to make it to send to two of the little kids (well, one is not so little any more-she's one grade below Eli, so she's a Freshman in high school now).  Well I never did finish them. I don't know why. Probably cuz that's just me.  I had to order the plastic canvas hearts through the mail. I don't remember where I got them from. Probably Mary Maxim or maybe JoAnns. I don't know. I tried some other plastic canvas hearts from a local yarn store here; but they weren't the right kind, and wouldn't work for the ears. Maybe that's why I didn't finish these. I did have one ear done (this one). Maybe I just did the one, even though I wasn't going to make it in time for Easter. Well, I am hoping to get them both done for this Easter. I have everything on the couch, so as soon as I'm done posting this, I'm going to work on it and watch a movie.   My only real issues with this pattern were, in the magazine it looked like the inside of the basket was crocheted, but the pattern does not say to make two baskets. I was confused. I didn't really feel like punching holes into the plastic container (I used a Hummus container from Walmart.) So... I used an H hook and crocheted a second basket, and worked through both of them to join the white trim on.  I'm tired.. so I hope that makes sense. :P  

No comments: