Monday, January 02, 2012

Some Holiday Wishlist Crocheting and Other Stuff...

Well I started this post December 31st. Last year. But I am actually posting it today. January 2nd, 2012.  I can finally post pictures of some of the crocheting I did for the Holiday Wishlist, since they have all (well, almost all) been received. These are some slippers, done in Christmas variegated and red. I almost wanted to keep these for myself. :P But I said "I can always make myself a pair later.."

This is a dress potholder I made for someone else. Her favorite color is purple.

A doggy coat. It fit her dog, I'm so glad. The only other dog sweater I made was for my friend's dog in Colorado. And I could try it on her/re-do it if I needed to.  So I was really hoping it would fit okay, but I had no idea if it would..

A Christmas Tree Tea Cozy! It's Cupcake's Scalloped Tea Cozy, but I did it all in green and added some "ornaments" and a star. :P

A Poinsettia potholder. The poinsettia was confusing. This was the first time I have made this one, from the Ultimate Book of Potholders. I don't know if I will do it again. Maybe I will.

Here are some cinnamon rolls I made. So last year...  :P  I was really in the mood for brownies that night. But I only had two eggs left (and I didn't feel like going to the store). Then I thought, "What about cinnamon rolls?"  I hadn't made cinnamon rolls in forever. They didn't even last 24 hours.   Like most stuff around here... :P 

Here's a fun peanut butter and jelly sandwich I made for Eon the other day. I saw this in Martha Stewart Kids, I think. Pretty basic. Cut out a shape in one piece. Cut the crusts off. Put the peanut butter & jelly on the whole piece, then put the cut out piece on top.  I think he liked it. I know he's nine years old, but...  He wanted the piece I cut out too. A puzzle sandwich.  The things that keep kids entertained...  :P

Today is "hair cut day"...  The kids go back to school later this week. And they both needed a hair cut before they even got out for break. But we haven't had the money. So, today's the day...    

Happy 2012 everyone!

No comments: