Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pizza Dough Recipe

I made pizza again last night. I remembered saying I should post the recipe. I looked for it online last night and couldn't find it anywhere. I don't remember where exactly I got the recipe. It was either in a newspaper, or my Mom gave it to me from some mail she got?...  Anyhow, I think it would be okay to post it here since it was a free recipe to begin with.

Pizza

3 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour & 1 cup whole wheat flour
1 package rapid rise yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup very warm water (120* to 130* F)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon basil & 1 teaspoon oregano or 2 tsps. Italian seasonings
3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
your choice of toppings

In a large bowl, combine flour, undissolved yeast, herbs and salt. Stir water and oil into dry ingredients. Mix in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth, about 5 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes. roll dough to fit bottom and sides of 10 x 15 inch baking pan. Spread sauce on dough. Top with remaining ingredients.

Bake on lowest oven rack at 450 *F for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes by me: I have used tomato sauce with garlic salt & Italian seasonings (whatever I have) for the "Pizza Sauce". I just got pizza sauce yesterday. I also don't use Parmesan cheese. Next time I will try that, though.  I  also want to try some other toppings, some time. Last night I was just tired and hungry ;and just wanted pizza. Can you say "Grumpzilla"?  lol..  The recipe is from a little leaflet (?) called "The Pizza And It's Garden" by Michigan State University ~ I think I originally thought it was U of M, but that might just be because I am partial to U of M. :P

A finished pizza for two boys who just like Pepperoni on their pizza...  :P  (This is actually the same picture as the one in my previous post...)   I love this pizza, because the crust is super thick and yummy. I am not a thin crust pizza type of person...  Lol.  ;P

No comments: