Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Random Blog Post...

I've been crocheting more squares for the Friendshipghan CAL. And, I found some squares I had made and forgot about. :P Bonus.  Can you tell what my favorite square is lately? :P It's #24 from "99 Granny Squares to Crochet", by Leisure Arts.  The two little squares on the top right are square #98 from the same book. I like the diamond in the middle of the square look. I think it's cool.  And, I like navy blue and turqoise and off white together, too. In case you couldn't tell. The teal and warm brown/tan I was experimenting with a smaller weight (scrap yarn, but it looked like Caron Simply Soft); trying to see how small I could make this square with a smaller hook and smaller weight yarn. Well. Only about ten inces is the smallest I could go. So. I will have to make square #98 for smaller squares...  Until I decide to try something new.   :)

I painted my nails. What do you think?  :D  I sent a picture to my Mom and she said it's "Crazy." lol...   I never used to paint my nails much at all. Only for weddings or special get togethers family reunions, graduation parties..  We don't have much of any of that since we moved here. But when my Mom came to visit, she had her nails done. And got me doing my nails..   It's really easy to do. I just painted my nails white, and got some full nail stickers (?) at Walmart and I cut them right in half. I stuck them on the bottom half of my nails.  I saw a similar thing in Cosmopolitan magazine, called "New Moon".  I have had to touch them up a lot it's starting to annoy me. I think that's why I hate doing my nails. I like the way they look right when I finish them; but then they get chipped too soon, and I get mad. Or then one of my nails will break and I have to cut them all off.  Plus, painting my nails and waiting for them to dry cuts into my crochet time too much! :P Oh well.  Sigh... 

No comments: