Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Only 52 Days Until Christmas!!

I guess I can blog this, since Walmart has a Christmas Tree up the DAY after Halloween.... ??  I think that is kind of a little bit much. They had Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas stuff all out at the same time.  Weird... It seems like you used to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up your tree.. Oh well. I guess it's never too early to start getting ready for Christmas, right? I started crocheting for it, in July. :P 

Stocking #5 is done!  Here they all are, so far...   I am crocheting my Swap partners' Stocking right now. But, I would like to get a special yarn for her stocking. Which means I will *have* to go to JoAnns...  ;P Which I probably won't be able to do until this weekend.  I guess I could start another stocking, meantime.  I only have one more for "gift" stockings, then the rest are for us.  I still don't know what kind to make for Eli. He keeps saying "I don't even want one".  (Sigh..)  I told him "I have to make you one. What else am I going to put all the coal in?" lol....

This was my cake my husband bought me for my birthday yesterday.  He did the lettering himself. :P  Yup, I'm 42 now...  :(     Yes it was Carrot Cake. In case you wondering why there is carrots on it... :P
I got lots of birthday wishes and a wonderful eCard from Mimi~ Thank you, Mimi!  <3   

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Aww...that's sweet!
Carrot cake is my favorite...maybe I'll buy one for my birthday (if I find one) or ask my son...;)
The stockings are so pretty, all in a row!

Tina said...

Thanks, Mimi. :) I hope you can find a carrot cake. They aren't too hard to make. Just time consuming. :)

Mimi said...

Oh I did make a carrot cake before, Tina, took some time and effort but it was worth it! I even made carrot decorations using almond paste and food coloring. That was before blogging days, when I still had my own oven, but I didn't have my own camera to show-off my creation :p