Sunday, October 09, 2011

The Santa Pillow Is Done

I finished this about five minutes ago.  It was all done, except for the little black felt circles for the eyes. I didn't have any black felt, though. And it took two trips to Walmart yesterday, to get some. I had it on my list; but the first time I went in, I forgot my list on the seat of the car. I didn't want to go back out and get it. And I didn't remember the felt until after I got home. Ugh! (I got everything else I needed, though.)  Anyway, it's done. :P  I think I put the pattern link in before, but here it is again: Happy Holidays Pillow. You have to be a member at the Bernat site, but it's free. (I love free)  :)   And, I think I mentioned it before as well, but I'll mention it again: The pattern is wrong. I had to increase two stiches each row on the white part, and decrease two stitches on the red part.  The rest I did just like the pattern. And I didn't take a picture of the back, but I just did regular sc's and did the "bobble" row, too; for the white part...  I think it's super cute.  

And here is another Christmas project I got done. Our internet was down the other day. (I wanted to finish the Santa Pillow that day, but couldn't- since the pattern was online.)  So I started looking through all my patterns (in books and magazines), to see if there was anything else I could get done for Christmas Crocheting...   I think I'm going to give this to our youngest son's teacher.  I might make one for us, too. And *maybe* one for my Step-Mom. I haven't decided if I'm going to crochet her a stocking or this, yet... (I'm crocheting one for my Dad. So...)   Oh, this pattern was in the Dec 2006 issue of Crochet World, btw...   :) 

I kind of want to do some Halloween Crocheting. But I think I'm going to skip it. There's a lot of cute things out there to crochet. But... I really want to finish all my Christmas stuff and so I. Must. Resist....   :P  I do have one thing almost done that I might finish up though (a scarecrow).   Have a Great Sunday, everyone... 

5 comments:

paula said...

Did you see the Halloween banner with 3 Candy Corns and 2 BOO's . . really cutr.

Tina said...

No, was it on Ravelry? You're trying to get me to crochet some Halloween stuff, aren't you? ;)

Tina said...

Oh, that's cute. From the Lion Brand Yarn site... I was thinking about doing a banner, too. (Crafts with the 9 yr old.) Out of paper bats or something.. He distracts me more than I do myself, I think; sometimes. ;P

Mimi said...

How cute both projects are, Tina! I feel like its late for me to start making anything for Christmas, maybe I'll just make up for it by baking and cooking some treats :p

Tina said...

Thanks, Mimi. I am worried about all the baking, too. I think I am going to just focus on doing Christmas Stockings. Anything else that gets done will be good but I don't want to get stressed out about it, you know.. :)