Sunday, October 23, 2011

It's Pumpkin Time... The Most Wonderful Time of The Year..

Until Christmas Time, that is!..  Lol...   We carved the Jack-O-Lantern last night. Well, my husband did the carving. Eli drew the face on it. Eon and I did the "gutting".  :P  Eon got all the seeds out. And I tried to get all the pumpkin out, to save.  0.o   I don't know if it was worth it. But... Once I got started...       I cooked some of the pumpkin last night. The rest is in the fridge. I'll have to cook it today.   It didn't seem very ripe. It took forever to cook.      Once the seeds are dried out, Eon wants to roast them. :)  (Now I'm wondering if the seeds will be okay... I guess we'll find out.)  

Pumpkin Pancakes. I made these for breakfast yesterday morning. (With canned pumpkin~ We carved the pumpkin at night. So I didn't use it for the pancakes.)    They were pretty good. I haven't made them in a long time.  This isn't the recipe I used, but it's very similar: Pumpkin Pancakes  We didn't use walnuts, and we just used regular pancake syrup. :)

And; since I had almost the whole can of pumpkin left, I *had* to make a pie with it! :D  I don't think anyone minded.  I could have ate the whole thing. But I was good. I only had one piece. :P  I love pumpkin pie. Sigh... 

2 comments:

Caroline said...

What a great look jack-o-lantern! Thanks for the pancake recipe, looks yummy!

Mimi said...

Oh so cool, Tina! Love the carved pumpkin, and the pumpkin dishes!