Tuesday, January 13, 2009

100 Things

I saw this on Paula's blog and thought it would be fun to do. (Keep my mind off my pain, anyway; for a while...)
The rules state: Below are 100 statements. Bold or change the color of the ones you have done.

1.Started your own blog.
2.Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited Hawaii .
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford budgeted to charity
7. Been to Disneyland or Disney World World.
8. Climbed a mountain (Small ones/foothills, but yes)
9. Held a praying mantis yes, a couple/three times
10. Sang a solo
11. Had stitches yes~ My chin fell off porch when I was a baby/toddler
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself art from scratch Taught myself to knit and do embroidery
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. ? Does violent lactose intolerant reactions count?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty Back when they still let you.
18. Grown your own vegetables yup
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept in an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitchhiked Yes, stupidly with one of my ex-boyfriends
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort Yes, we used to love making them when we were little
25. Held a lamb.
26.Gone skinny dipping Yes and I was skinny too.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. No, but I have seen some in the Venetian in Vegas I might go on someday (does that count?)
29. Seen a total eclipse. Fourth grade
30. Watch a sunrise or sunset. Yes
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. Nope and I don't ever want to.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. I went to Kentucky where my Grandma and Grandpa were both born; and visited relatives/saw the place where my Grandma and Grandpa lived when they were first married~ does that count?
35. Seen an Amish community. Yes, Holmes County, Ohio.
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Right now, finally.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. When we lived in Colorado, all the time.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful, in Yellowstone Park, erupt .
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. I didn't, but my stepdad did when we were with him. A homeless man. And I have given a Homeless WW2 Vet outside of WalMart stuff. I want to buy him a meal but my husband would never. :(
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported by ambulance. I think I must have, when I was hit by a car?
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. Heck yes! I was a tomboy if there ever was one. I used to make mud pies and get filthy dirty.
54. Gotten a speeding ticket.
55. Been in a movie. Does a home movie count?
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. Yes, I had my cleaning business for 8 years (?), and I had my 'craft business' which never really went anywhere...
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason/special occassion Yes my husband does this a lot for me
64. Stayed the night in jail.
65. Cried so hard you threw up.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check. Yes
68. Flown in a helicopter. No, but I flew in a private plane once.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71.Eaten caviar. Yes and yuck.
72. Pieced a quilt. Yes I have made a couple of them.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades .
75. Been fired from a job. Yes, I think I was fired from a gas station cashier job once.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London.
77. Broken a bone. Yes :( Nose, left collarbone, three vertabrae in back.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Yes.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Drove by it, but didn't go to see it. (?)
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican .
82. Bought a brand new car. Yes, Chevy Cavalier. My Chrysler Sebring, our Dodge Ram truck.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. Um, no. But I should.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Does a fish count? I didn't prepare it though. Or kill it, for that matter.
88. Had Chicken Pox. Yes, and Shingles, too.
89. Saved someones' life. Saved my brother from drowning in a pool when we were kids.
90. Sat on a jury. Almost did, but didn't go to trial/settled out of court. Hope I don't ever have to.
91. Met someone famous. Does my brother count? (Works for Kat Von D on the tv show "LA Ink", and has been on the show a few times...) I also saw Kenny Loggins at work one time (Footloose); he was the entertainment for the function. He's really good live. I saw Bon Jovi in concert, too. Do they count?
92. Joined a book club. Yes. Crafter's Choice, and Doubleday Book Club.
93. Lost a loved one. Yes, my Grandma (Mom's mom) and my Grandpa (Dad's dad). My cousin.
94. Had a baby. Yes, three huge ones!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone. Yes.
99. Been stung by a bee. Yes. I stepped in a bee hive when I was at a slumber party once. Everyone got stung and was mad at me forever. :(
100. Read an entire book in one day. Oh yeah, I love to read!

No comments: