Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, Monday....

" So good to me.... Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.. oh monday morning, monday morning couldn't guarantee.. that monday evening ...you would still be here with me ....monday monday can't trust that day. Sometimes it just turns out that way. Oh monday morning ...you gave me no warning... of what was to be....." Like the fact that I would spend all day crocheting a 12" square for the Charity Blitz (for Heartmade Blessings) and it doesn't even come close to 12 inches! Grrrr... Oh well. I don't know what I'll do with that one. Maybe send it to one of the people at CFAC who takes 'oddball' squares. Anyway. I have devoted Mondays in February to crocheting squares for Heartmade Blessings. Today I only got one finished. It doesn't look like I will be getting more than one done any Monday either. This one took me a long time. The pink green and white one on top I finished a long time ago, it is 'Ribbons and Roses'. The yellow/carrot and burnt orange/brown one is 'Pantheon'. I have not seen this square anywhere other than the 2006 Crochet A Day Calendar. I am going to have to do some guage swatching or something to get one to 12". I used the pattern in the Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar and it called for chunky weight yarn, I think and an H hook. I used worsted weight and a G hook. But, I actually haven't measured it yet, but I know it isn't twelve inches. More like ten. Oh well. It is still cool. Hopefully next Monday I will make more progress than I did today.

No comments: