Monday, October 24, 2005

A Tested Purse Pattern--The Matrix


Here it is, finished. I tested this purse pattern for Mimi, who is my Secret Pal for the Autumn Secret Pal Swap at Crochetville. I used Bernat's 'Matrix', size 10 crochet cotton, and a size 4 mm hook (an F hook). It turned out really nice. I have another ball of Matrix, so I plan on making another one, too. I still want to line this one, as well. I think sharp pointy objects (such as keys) might poke through easily. I would use this to go to a wedding even, it's pretty classy. And the right size, too. Thank you for letting me test it Mimi! ;)

I think I have to work desparately on things to sell in the MIL store now. She's going to be here in less than two weeks and I promised her I would have stuff done for her to take. YIKES!! I only have one bowl done, so far. And two Picasso potholders ready to sew together, but not sewn together yet...

I think I have the flu all the kids have had. Except maybe not as bad. I have a conference tonight with my sons' teacher, so I hope I'll be able to make it!
Well Have a Good Day..

3 comments:

Deneen said...

That bag came out beautifully! I love it! I hope Mimi shares the pattern.

I hope you feel better soon!

Mimi said...

Thanks again Tina, the matrix yarn is really classy! Do you think Bernat will give me matrix yarns in exchange for the pattern...haha...just kidding!
I'll probably post the pattern in my blog, after I've released it to the crochet calendar...

Tina said...

Hey Mimi- I was thinking, you could try to ask Bernat that!? You could tell them about your purse being in the 2007 Crochet-A-Day Calendar, and I'm sure they don't have too many patterns written up for this yarn yet, why not? It wouldn't hurt to try. ;) You should try!