Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I Haven't Felt Like Crocheting...

... or knitting, for that matter.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I tried to do a couple things that I was even the remotest bit interested in. Nope.    

I took this picture a few days ago. The house behind us had mowed their field and baled all the hay a few weeks ago.  Then they let their horses out there. :)  I opened my kitchen curtains one morning while I was waiting for the coffee to brew, and I saw this view.   I don't think I have ever had such a nice view. In my lifetime. Except maybe when we lived in Colorado.  (But, our house situation was not good then..)   There's three horses. One black, one brown, and one brownish with white on it's back. I thought it was tan/spotted.  The black one is the friendliest. She has come to say hi to me when I was out walking before (before they were in the field behind us).  The other two are standoff-ish.   The only "bad" thing about this is, our dogs will not stop barking at them.  Especially when they come up in the field right by our house. The neighbors property comes all the way up to our road just in one little strip. Our yard goes all the way back to that wire fence (behind the wood fence - I don't know if you can see it in the picture).    They don't let the horses in this field in the winter because all it does is rain here. And they make a mess of  the field. So  it will probably be just for the summer.  

I have been baking.  (Always...  The kids eat all the foof like there's no tomorrow!) I made some snickerdoodles this morning.  Rolling them into balls in the cinnamon sugar mix..  

All the little cookie dough balls waiting to be put on the cookie tray.  

Cooling off.  I was thinking this morning, "I should just buy a proper cooling rack. Lol.."  This was a broiler rack in the drawer of our oven when we lived in Nevada!   I just use it to put cookies on.  :P   

And I don't think I have posted a picture of my "new" cookie jar?  I didn't bring my old one with us when we moved to Tennessee.. (I made snickerdoodles in that post, too. :P) And I haven't had one all this time.   I didn't really love this one. But...  Until I find one I do love..   :)

All can't be bad when you have a jar full of snickerdoodles.

I used this recipe.  It's good for when you are running low on everything, even butter.. (Providing you have shortening, that is.)  We need to go grocery shopping.  Tonight I am making Pork Fried Rice.   Hopefully my husband gets paid soon.  This isn't the recipe I use (I can't find it), but it is similar. I don't use bacon.  I basically cook rice. Then chop up some leftover pork chops (or pork loin), and an onion. Fry them with some oil. Mix in the rice and soy sauce. Then I put it all over to one side of the pan, and I put the eggs in and cook/scramble them. Then mix it all in together.  I don't remember where I got that recipe. You can add more vegetables. But I don't usually have them.  And everyone likes it. (Thank goodness because I usually make it when we don't have any food..) 

2 comments:

paula said...

DId you get your new Cookie Jar at Big Lots?

I wanted to find some clear glass jars that were big enough to hold sugar, flour, Bisquick and brown sugar that would look old so I could display them on my Hoosier Cabinet when we move this fall.

I found one in Target that we use for pickled beets and eggs at Target, but it was too tall for what I wanted. Finally, we were walking through Big Lots and there they were . . at a price I could afford.

Anyway, your cookie jar just stood out to me . . . oh, and the horses are so pretty.

Tina said...

I got it at either Fred Meyer's or Target. I think it was Fred Meyers. My Mom had flour, sugar, etc canisters. Hers were all Tupperware. :P We do have a coffee canister though. Just makes it easier than wrestling with a bag of coffee first thing when you wake up.