Saturday, July 16, 2016

Crocheted Summer Boho Bag and Blackbery Cobbler

I didn't mean to post yet today... Sigh. I haven't even taken a shower yet, and I have to go take Eli up to turn an application in somewhere today. (He isn't even up yet, though.. But he usually gets up around this time. Sigh again..It's not just taking him up to turn in an application I start thinking about everything and getting myself all stressed out..)  But, instead of getting ready; I ended up writing up the way I crocheted the square to make this bag, which I saw on five sixteenths blog; on Facebook. Then, I had to copy and paste it to my pattern blog. (What a pain, and it doesn't look right...  Sigh again..  SIGH!!!)  Anyway. I finished this bag last night. I have been in a major crochet funk, and didn't want to crochet at all. (It's no wonder I didn't want to crochet, the way I over-complicate everything for myself. Lol..) I should have just done it on my pattern blog first, and copied and pasted it to Facebook. Or added a link to my pattern blog. Anyway,  I kept looking at things to do. To make myself want to crochet...  My husband said "Just don't crochet then."  But I want to..  I just don't want to..  (See? I'm losing my mind...)  But then I saw this bag somewhere. And I don't remember how I even found it.  There wasn't a real pattern for the squares. So I looked at the pictures, and tried to do what (I thought) she did.  This is what I did for the squares:  My Pattern Blog. This is the Five Sixteenths Blog Post where she tells how she did her bags.   Anyway, I want to do another one. In all one color. I got four skeins of Aran Fleck. Oh, I took a picture of all the yarn I got to do these bags with..  I should try to add it here. But it will probably screw up this whole post. So I won't..  Technically, I did start a square in Aran Fleck. And, I started another square just like this bag, to test the square pattern I was writing up... So I will probably do another one just like this.  :)  I want to put a liner in this. I'll have to find some fabric I like..  Or see if I have any I could use...   
I made some blackberry cobbler yesterday. With all the blackberries I picked yesterday. I had enough.  Just.  I have been picking blackberries almost every day.  I have three quart size bags in the freezer, packed full. And a gallon size bag started. And a tray full I need to put into the gallon sized bag..  P  I used this recipe for the cobbler. It was really easy. And really, really yummy! My husband keeps saying how yummy it was. He wants more. I said "I can make some more."  So...   I have to go pick some more blackberries soon to make some more.  I have never had blackberry bushes like this before. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. Lol...   

With vanilla ice cream..    Summertime..   :)

No comments: