Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life....

This summer is not starting out so well. First my Grandma passes away. Then I found out today that my Mom's dog died this morning. :( Bottom line, she died from diabetes. They gave her insulin shots on the hour: but it was too little, too late. All of her problems stemmed from her having diabetes. I guess they just never tested her, or thought she had it; before. Then yesterday I got sunburned bad. Today I am feeling it. Nausea, chills. (Yesterday I was freezing, and my skin is like lobster meat.) A lot of good it did, taking the kids to have fun. :( I'll have to have someone put sunscreen on ME next time, whether they want to or not. :/

I have been crocheting a little. On my romantic shrug: I have 20 rows left on the body, then the second sleeve. I finished a potholder, for the June CAL at the Potholderalong Group on Ravelry. I am also supposed to be crocheting a pansy doily for the Doily-Along at CrochetMania. I am almost done with it, too. I am just dreading joining all those pansies to it. :( I want to finish it, though and be done with it. It's for my Mom. And it's a really old UFO.

Well, stay tuned til next time....

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh, sorry to hear that, Tina...Hope you're mom is handling it well.
Life is sometimes like that, I can feel it too. I can't seem to get over my mom's passing away, not yet. Now its affecting my health too, but I know I should take care of myself first. You better take care too.
Btw, aloe gel is very, very good for sunburned skin.

Tina said...

I think grief never goes away, just lessens over time. Hugs to you, Mimi.

My Mom I think is more relieved now. It was my sister's dog (really); and my Mom didn't really want to take care of it, but she was...

I almost bought some aloe gel, I am such a tightwad I didn't want to spend the $5.88. :P It feels better now, thanks. But it is going to peel. :( I hate that.