Sunday, June 07, 2009

Another Shawl

I know I haven't posted in a while. I have had a death in my family, and have been very depressed. I haven't felt like doing much of anything. I wanted to crochet something, but didn't have any motivation whatsoever. Then I thought one day, 'I want to make myself a shawl'. I looked on ravelry and found one I liked, then looked through my patterns and realized a pattern I had printed out was the same one as the one I liked on ravelry. Something simple. I made it in off-white, I believe. With a J hook instead of a K. My husband said 'You look like a thunderbird in that picture'. :)

He said I looked like I have been drinking in this one. (I hadn't.) Just tired.

I got about six inches cut off of my hair. I had this hairdo when we lived in Michigan. I was just sick of long hair (again). I don't know if I will keep it short now, or what.


The pattern I used is the Tassled Wrap Around Shawl at Ravelry.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Tina...(if you need another shoulder to cry on, I'm just within virtual reach)
Making yourself a shawl is therapeutic...hope things will get much better soon.
Btw, its a wonderful thunderbird shot :)

Tina said...

:P Thanks, Mimi. I am doing a little better. My Grandma died May 22nd. It was hard I was really close to her. I am better now, though. Thank you. :)

Mimi said...

*Hugs*