Friday, November 28, 2008

"Eye Dazzler Afghan"~ Finished!

It is done!! This is an afghan pattern I got in Annie's Scrap Crochet Club. (Which I am no longer subscribing to for a long time now...) I don't know *exactly* when I started this afghan. I was going through old blog posts trying to find it. Then; Ha!, I found this picture in photobucket, which was around the same time as this post. But I the first time I blogged about it was here. Sooo... I probably started this afghan in February of '06. Which makes it less than three years it took me to finish it. (Makes me feel a *little* bit better... for some reason I thought it was right after we had moved to Colorado...) Anyway... This afghan is HUGE!!! I couldn't even lift it up over my head. I asked my husband, 'Lift it up over your head so I can see how long it is' and he lifted it up over his head (he is six feet tall). I measured it and it is 86" long x 54" wide! I think this is the biggest afghan ever for me. (No wonder it took me so long to finish~ lol...) ;)
Heres' a picture of the diamond in the middle.

And the rest of the colors to the corner. Each corner is the same. I stayed up til about 11:30 last night to finish this. I was so close, I couldn't stop! ;-D Well that's one big HUGE project I can cross off my WIP list. Woo Hoo! My kids and my husband both said 'What are you going to work on now?' LOL!!! I said 'Oh I have a lot I can work on' My husband said '200 projects?' I said 'NO' '100?' 'no...' '20?' 'Maybe...' :P I think it's more like ten. I am getting a handle on it though. Yay me.

6 comments:

Lesalicious said...

WOW that is so pretty you did a great job. WOW 3 years I know you is totally glad you is done.:)

Lucy said...

I love the colors.....great job!!!!

Andi said...

Great job! Love the pattern and those colors!

Cherri said...

Oh my!! That is totally awesome!!! Great job!
Hugs, Cherri

Mimi said...

Wow that is huge! The design is very interesting, excellent job Tina!

Tina said...

Thank you, everyone. I am so happy it is finished. I have been picking it up to cover myself up with and every time, think: 'I have to finish this...' Now it is done. :-D