Monday, November 24, 2008

Peppermint Hot Pads... and Towels

I crocheted these today. I had a horrible day today. Nothing horrible *happened*. But, grrrr..... First, I woke up 45 minutes late. I was going to go clean the old house today (it's an hour drive just to get there, plus I was planning on being there a long time cleaning). Well, I decided, I will just be there late, I guess... FINALLY get the kids to get it together (one of the reasons my day was horrible, without going into detail...) Text my husband. He calls while I'm in the car, driving. I see the gas gauge is practically on E. UGH! How am I going to drive all the way there on less than a quarter tank of gas and NO money? Hubby says there's a little in there, get some gas..... Go to the gas station, get gas. Then head to the post office to get stamps so I can mail a couple letters. Get out of the car. Some guy comes over to me, talking loud for everyone in the parking lot to hear (people are staring), 'Your, uh.... right passenger....' (spit it out, already...) 'Tail light?' 'no...., ugh.... tire was shaking. You better get that taken care of right away, it's going to split and blow.... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... you can take it up to Big O Tires and they'll fix it for about ten bucks...' (Ugh... I just spent my last ten bucks on gas...) 'Thanks...' So, I go back home. Guess I'm not cleaning today... Check the clothes in the dryer. They're STILL not dry? It's been like two hours!! Turn the dryer back on and change the setting, maybe that's it... Check about an hour later... Nope. No heat, still feel cold and damp. UGH. What next? Well I decided I am not doing anything else. I have been wanting to make a peppermint hot pad forever. There USED to be some cute ones on crochet pattern central, but I am almost positive that they were on the aol homepage that has shut down permanently. (Gotta LOVE AOL!!!! NOT...) Anyway I didn't really go by a pattern, more like two different patterns and doing the two different colors kind of hoping it worked..... (I think I did do a spiral hat a long time ago, so I must have kind of known what I was doing. lol...) Anyway. I really am happy how they turned out! I saw some cute kitchen towels (or maybe hand towels? hmmm...) at Walgreens, they were 'peppermint'. I haven't gotten any yet, but they will go with the hotpads for gifts (and probably some type of peppermint candies, too... ) I am thinking about making some up to put on my etsy store, maybe; too. Gotta get some more dishcloth cotton first....
I wanted to show the towels I got to go with the snowman hotpad I made, too (above-- which I already posted about, but just for the sake of showing it with the towels... here it is again) :)

I got these at WalMart for $1 each. Then I saw the snowman 'candy containers' (I thought they were candle holders until I took the stickers off the bottom LOL) at Walgreens. So I got those. Well then later, I saw some real snowman candle holders there WITH a tea light candle in them- 2 for $1. Then, when I got to the checkout counter, they rang up for 31c each~ how cool is that?! Gotta love a good deal. :P Then later I went back to WalMart, and got two snowman potholders for $1 to go with the snowman towels. So that will make a nice gift. Or two... (I might make another snowman hotpad, split up the two snowman containers & towels.... Anyway. Well I hope you all are having a good day/week.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

What a good deal on the snowman stuff! Its wonderful to have a theme for your decor ;)

Lucy said...

Great crochet....sorry about the money and car problems tho...been there, done that! I feel for ya.

LG said...

Very very pretty Peppermint HotPads!