Sunday, November 30, 2008

Baby's First Ball


I knit this up last night. It is from 'Knitting for Baby' by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas. I used to make these for our boys when our youngest was a baby/toddler. I think I just recently threw out one I made that was squished beyond recognition. (I think I will be making more though; once they see a new one) :P This one is for my nephew, though. He is only a month old, but hey... better to get it done before he can play with it than when he is 'too old' to play with it... It is supposed to be knitted with wool and then felted. But I made it with RH acrylic WW. It turned out fine, I think. I wanted to make it in U of M colors, Maize and Blue. But I didn't have any navy blue. :( I want to make more of these. They're so much fun to make, and knit up so fast. I found a few free knitted ball patterns online: Small balls, Medium balls, Large balls, Swirl ball, 12-section yarnball, Wooly ball, Simple ball... all found at knitting pattern central.... Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

That is so cute!

Lucy said...

I'm starting to knit a bit again....I'm going to have to check that out for my great nephew.

Tina said...

I haven't knit one of these in a long time, it was fun! :) Thanks, Mimi and Lucy.