Saturday, May 31, 2014

Christmas Cradle Purse

I finished another
Christmas project.  I have been wanting to make a bunch of cradle purses to send to Pine Ridge, at Christmas time. For the Elder Project. They will give their things you send them, to their grand kids. So, some of us make things to send so they can give their grand kids things.  

And here it is closed. With the yarn I used to crochet it.  I used Irene Duquette's Cradle Purse pattern.

I found these dolls at Walmart. I bought them before. I used to get soft bodied, baby dolls that were three inches long; at Walmart. But I can't find them anywhere now. :/  And these were the only doll bottles I could find (at the Dollar store).  They are as big as the dolls. Sigh... I remember when I was little, they had little tiny white plastic baby doll bottles. I wish I could find some like that. Walmart doesn't have much. We don't have a Target here. Sears doesn't even have toys, here. I haven't checked JCPenney, but I'm pretty sure they don't have any, either.  Sigh..  :( The closest Toys R' Us is an hour and a half away.    Having all boys, I never found all the doll places to find things. So..  :P    Anyway. I hope to get a bunch of these made, with as many little things to put in them as I can find.  We'll see.. (And some better dolls, that are like real baby dolls.. Like the one in this post- first picture.)

No comments: