Monday, June 03, 2013

Baking... It's No Wonder I Can't Lose Weight :(

I have been baking quite a bit lately. I saw a yummy looking Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe and had to try it. I have actually made this twice (I get one of these loaves, plus a mini one out of the recipe). And I made regular banana bread one day, too.

Last week I made two pumpkin pies. The crusts came out really good; probably the best I've ever made. I don't know what I did right. Because I used the same recipe and did everything the same with my custard pie, and it didn't turn out so well. :(
My sad, sad custard pie...  :(  I did everything the recipe said to do. I par-baked the crust for 10 minutes, then put an egg wash on it (to seal it), then baked it for five minutes more. Stuck it in the fridge. Made the filling. Everything seemed perfect until it was done baking. :(  I think maybe I baked it too long. But it wouldn't cook and looked like soup to me. So I baked it for an hour. I've done that with pumpkin pies and they come out perfect.

It looked yummy; and it tastes all right, but it's a bit "eggy". The kids and I didn't really like it too much. I asked them what they thought. The teenager just shrugged his shoulders. The ten year old said it tasted weird.  My husband said he liked it. (He's just being nice..) ;)   Well there's only two pieces left, so they must have liked it enough to eat it. :P

I burned my hand, too. :(  I try to be super careful every time. But.. I failed. It doesn't hurt anymore. It hurt for a couple/few hours and that was it. I put Vitamin E on it right away. Maybe that helped. This morning it looked the worst, had a big blister on it. But it didn't hurt. And it looks better now. Will probably leave a scar, though.

No comments: