Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Summer Vacation

And, I'm still baking... Will I ever learn? (Especially since it is over 100* outside?..) O.o I have been wanting to make these for a while. Another mom brought some in one Popcorn Friday, for Teacher Appreciation Week. I meant to try one, and for some reason I forgot. :/  I was so bummed when I realized I forgot to try one. I had never heard of them before. So I googled when I got home, and found a yummy recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars; that I finally tried a couple days ago. They are better than I thought they would be. They are really rich. I didn't use a mixer, I cut the butter in with two knives (like for biscuit dough, you know).

My prickly pear cactus is blooming (again)! It had a flower on it when I first bought it. Then I noticed a couple days ago, a different looking "bud" (?) on it. It opened up today. So pretty. I need to plant that somewhere. I know it's going to get big, so that's why I haven't planted it. Don't really know where to put it.. In the front yard, we back into the yard to turn around to pull out of the driveway. In the back yard, there aren't very many options because Jetta would destroy it with her tie out chain..  I kind of want a little "garden" (desert garden?) area. Maybe I'll do it over by the bird feeder.  I could just plant it right where it is. But I'm not sure if it would get too big. There's only so much space there, too..

This is Jetta... doing what she does best (bring me her ball... constantly..)  "Play with me, Mama..." Excuse my mess on the table. I have been going through pictures to put in an album. (Sigh...)  I have way too many pictures. I'm trying to put an album together for our oldest son, Evan. I don't like the album I bought, it has three slots to put pictures in. Well I don't know where to put all his school pictures? I might have to get a different album...  One of my things on my list to do for summer vacation.

A picture of the sunset the other night.  Of course I didn't capture it, it was so pretty.

No comments: