Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cute Purses at Walmart...

I saw these cute purses at Walmart...  I don't know if I would ever use this kind of purse. But I still think it's so cute. (Obviously~ I took a picture of it, right?)  I like the purple owl. You can see the white one (I think it's a cat or a bunny? Must not be so popular, though; since there were a bunch of those left..)

And a brown monkey.  I couldn't resist and I bought this one today. I had a hard time deciding which one to buy. I don't even think I will keep it, I will most likely send it to the 16 year old on Pine Ridge Reservation...  Hubby is going to "kill" me..  Note to self: *Do not go shopping when you are depressed, and have a headache...* Or, when you are hungry. Sigh... 

Here is the progress on my scrap yarn, "Magic Ball" rug.

The back..   Pretty cool for pieces of yarn that would have just been thrown away, huh? I think so. :)

4 comments:

paula said...

I like the rug . . why don't you crochet over your ends so you don't have to go back and weave them in? Pnce I started doing that, I have done it all the time.

Don't you just LOVE the bags / totes/ purses at WalMart? I have always foind a Keans thing to carry their . . sometimes a tote and other times a purse.

Now I carry a project bag a friends knit and felted for me . . it has all different colors of yarn but the main color is my favorite . . as close as wool yarn can get to Hunter Orange.

Tina said...

The ends aren't meant to be woven in. The pattern is in 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects by House of White Birches; it's called "Reversible Rag Rug". :)

I was thinking when I saw these purses, "I wonder if I could crochet this purse?..." Lol. I just ended up buying one..

Kimmie said...

Can you please see if it says who made it company designer wise. I bought a different style of the monkey bag but it was stolen from me and the Walmart here no longer sales them, please and thank you

Tina said...

I mailed this bag out to someone a long time ago so I no longer have it to see who the designer is.