Friday, February 25, 2011

Forest Flower Pullover is Done!!! :D

I don't believe it myself. I also don't believe I actually crocheted something this nice.  :P  It was a bit challenging for me. But once I made my mind up I was going to finish it, and just concentrated on the line of words (seriously) I was on..  I did it.  I think I am getting so ADD or something...  I have a hard time concentrating on anything. This pattern is in the 2009 Spring Interweave Crochet magazine. (That is a link to the digital copy of the magazine..) The designer is Kristin Omdahl.  I HAD to make this, I love it.  Although, I feel self-conscious wearing it in public.  (I think that's just me, though..)  I wore it last night to our congregation meeting. EVERYONE loved it (and want me to make them one, too; now.... Sigh.) I was flattered that they would want me to make them one, but...  I really don't feel like I could do it for anyone else. I had a hard enough time making one for myself. You know what I mean?  I don't know if I could make a different size.  :(    The only thing about this sweater that bugs me is; the bottom edge curls up. I got it completely saturated, and squeezed it out. Then blocked it. But it still curls up a little. Especially after I've been sitting down then get back up again. :(  I might take it in somewhere & get it steamed, professionally.  Who knows. I still love it, though.  :D

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay, you're really into making your own clothes now :) This one looks great because the flower design is so feminine, but not overly done. I really love it on you Tina! What about making another one in different color and in cotton? I think if its cotton it won't curl up...

paula said...

WOW ! ! ! !!

GREAT JOB!

I am SO IMPRESSED ! ! ! ! ! ! !!

Summerysmile said...

It is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job. I know it feels good when you finish something like that that looks so "professional"! What yarn did you use?

Tina said...

Thank you everyone. :) Mimi, I don't know if I could get a cotton yarn weight to make it in this pattern. I used Lion Brand Pound of Love for the sweater, Red Heart Soft & Eco Ways for the flowers, Summerysmile. I really want to start making more of my own clothes (sweaters, and tops; mostly). :) Thanks~ you guys are the best! <3