Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken Marsala.. Without the Marsala (lol)

I have been wanting to try making Chicken Marsala forver. I had printed out a couple recipes. I finally decided on one, but I didn't actually follow it exactly.. I just used four regular chicken breasts. (They were huge-- I cut the biggest one in half for me & Eon to share.)  And instead of using Marsala wine, I added chicken broth (didn't have chicken stock) in place of it.  I also thickened a little of the broth with flour and added that.  (And whole mushrooms. I LOVE mushrooms.) It looked and smelled so yummy I had to take a picture of it in the pan. :P

Here's my husbands' plate.  Oh, I used this recipe. I didn't make the "Essence". I just used a Tablespoon of Seasoning Salt, and sprinkled thyme & cayenne pepper in with the flour.  (I also didn't add the 2 extra Tblspns of butter at the end..)  lol..  ;)   

I have finished something.... :D I'm really excited about it. It's still blocking, though. So you will have to stay tuned for pictures. :D 

No comments: