Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Four Year Old Potholder Finished

I should have just forgotten about it. With all the mistakes I made! This took me probably four years to finish! That post was in Sept of '05. I don'tknow when I actually started it, though. I don't know if I will ever make another one of these, either. I cannot keep track! It's so frustrating. Maybe I just wasn't doing it right, I don't know. I love the way they look. (There is a Squiggly-Wiggly CAL going on for these at Crochetville~~ lots of pretty ones there...) But, I was almost done. All the way up to the yellow. I had to even out some of the corners. I finally got so sick of cutting thread, starting over... that I started slip stitching across the top to get back to the point where I wanted to be. As it was, I had about three million ends to weave in. I started this potholder for my Grandma. Who passed away on May 22nd. Maybe that's why I *had* to finish it. I don't know. And I don't know who to give it to now, either. I will probably just send it to the Pass Creek Elderly Center.

5 comments:

Amanda @RusticRemnants said...

I'm glad you finished it. It's always nice to complete a project, especially one so detailed and time consuming. I've never even seen one like that before, it looks great.

Tina said...

Thank you. I am just glad it's done. (Now for the other gazillion half done projects...) :P

Susan said...

Wow, that took awhile. 4 years for a pot holder. It looks different then any other I have seen. It looks kind SQUIGGLY? Is that even a word... :-) Nice Job!!!

Susan

Tina said...

Hi Susan. Well, there is a 'Squiggly-Wiggly CAL' at Crochetville. I don't think it is a real word, though. ;) It took me four years cuz I put it away and didn't work on it for so long. (My problem with a lot of my projects...)

Mimi said...

I think it turned out cute, Tina! Didn't have to be perfect, its one-of-a-kind...but I too would get sick of cutting threads and weaving ends :p