Monday, July 27, 2009

HOT Day...

I took the kids to the water park today (it's a waterpark inside a park-- by where we used to live). I think I mentioned yesterday, that I had an appointment today. I packed a lunch and took it to the park afterward. Then they played in the water.
I wish I could have~~ It was SO hot! 106 today. I don't know how my husband can stand working outside in it. He must be used to it or something. It gets up to 150 sometimes where he works! Concrete cures at 150, and when he works in the Core, it gets that hot down there.... UGH.... He says when comes out it feels cold outside. I think his brain must be cooked. ;P

I did go stand nearby, just to get the spray of the water. I didn't know if it was chlorinated or not, though; and didn't want to ruin my clothes. :P Our ice waters I filled up to the top with ice were warm, by the time we left.
I am feeling better today; although I did have a headache all day. (Whacking my head on the play structure at the park didn't help at all, either...) Thank you everyone for your get well wishes. I think they helped! ;)

3 comments:

Susan said...

WOW! 106 degrees! You must be in the south west... ( We're in Ohio... not too far from Cincinnati )...

Love The Pictures!!!

Susan

Tina said...

We are as far southwest as you can get, just about. ;) The Mojave Desert. It was 112 today. I grew up in Michigan, not far from Ohio! I wish I was there, still (except for the horrible economy...)

Yarnjeannie said...

Great photos! Hope you are feeling better!