Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Plum Trees

Remember this post? Well those flowering trees are plum trees!! My husband and I were walking one day (a while ago), and I saw some small fruity looking things on the sidewalk. I said 'huh?'. We kept walking and I noticed something hanging from the trees. Plums! I picked one and ate it. It wasn't quite ripe yet and was very small, but how cool!! Some kids (I'm assuming) threw some at our house when we were gone one weekend. My husband said they were probably throwing them at everyone's house. Grrrr. That makes me mad. Someday those plums may be all they have to eat. I want to go pick some. But I don't want to look like the crazy lady in the neighborhood picking plums off the trees by the sidewalk... :P I found a plum torte recipe that looks like it would be yummy with ice cream.

No comments: