Thursday, February 28, 2008

The finished girls set...

Here it is, all done. I first had to go get more of the dark pink yarn, to finish the hat and scarf.. Well, then I ran out of the baby pink about half way through my LAST row on the scarf! Isn't that how it always works? You're on your last motif, or last round of the afghan... Anyway. I got her done. And with two days left to mail. I am going to get it all together (all my scarves, not my life LOL though I wish...) and mail them out today... I have a few other things to mail, too. Yesterday it was SOOOO awesome out! I sat outside on the bench and finished up the scarf, while the kids played in the sand box. (We don't really have much of a yard... Just rocks....) It was supposed to be 70 but it felt like 90 where I was sitting... I don't know if I will survive a summer here or not... :P Have a Great Day Everyone...

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow, that is a pretty set Tina! And the photo looks so professional...very attractive.
Is it going to get so hot there in summer? I hope you could plant some trees or grow a garden...

Tina said...

It is hot here already! Uuuughh... I am not looking forward to 115* in the summer... We don't really have anywhere to put a garden in, and the yard was already landscaped when we moved in. I don't know if a garden would even grow here, in the desert? With it getting so hot? I might get some pots to plant trees, and put them on the patio, though.

Mimi said...

Oh my, then I shouldn't be complaining about summer here. At least when we're at home it doesn't get too hot. We have trees in our backyard, and the lot next to us is vacant and has plenty of trees and wild plants. Hope you can grow plants there, even if you have to put them in pots...