Friday, April 27, 2007

Evening Shawl

I don't know if I ever posted about this? (I guess I could go look through all my posts, and see....) Well... this is an 'Evening Shawl' I started forever ago.... I'm talking at least two years ago. (Sigh.) I don't know if I will ever finish it.

A close up of the stitches... I am going to a wedding next Saturday, and I wanted to wear a shawl with my dress (I haven't picked out which one I want to wear yet, but...) I don't think this shawl will *go* with any of the dresses I have. And, I don't have any money to buy a new one right now, anyway... So, I have been looking at different shawl patterns. I vaguely remembered one Mimi had done, and after looking at it I realized, that would be absolutely perfect! I love how it is a rectangle shape, and not a triangle shape. (You can find the link to the pattern in her post, too, by the way...) I have some Jamie pompadour baby yarn with a silvery thread running through it, I will probably use... it's white. I hope it will turn out all right... I also like the Very Easy Ripple Shawl at Lion Brand Yarns. Butterfly Wing Shawl ... (Scroll down to post #9 for pictures of it.) Here is a link someones post at Crochetville that has a bunch of links for shawls, especially for weddings!! (The Evening Shawl is on there, too... hee hee) Stay tuned for pictures of the new shawl I am working on.... who knows I may even finish the first one I started... :p


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Tina, I searched evening shawl, and yes - you did post about it before ;) I dont remember it too, since I really dont remember much.
I would like to make myself that same shawl that went to my sister. I just dont know if I still have time to make anything for me :(

Tina said...

I thought I had posted about it before... I looked through my posts though and couldn't find it. (Duh. Forgot about the search thingy on the top of the page!!) :p
The shawl you made (that you gave to your sister) is gorgeous! I hope you can make yourself another one. It's nice that you have all the materials to make it, too! ;) I am just using some old baby yarn. I don't know if it will turn out nice or not.... :/