Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Told You Today Was Going to be a Crochet Day... :p

He's finished! I am really happy with how he turned out. (Yes, it is a *he*.) :p He even has a tail. I took a picture of it, but you couldn't even tell in the picture... I took about fifteen pictures trying to get the color/lighting right. It still isn't exactly right, but pretty close...
This is a more accurate color. A little too bright, but.. And a close-up of the nose and eyes.

And finally, here he is by the first one I did (terribly wrong, I might add.) It must have been waaaaay too loose of crocheting for the scs to be that big. Well I don't think this will be my only bear for the Teddy-a-Long. I might make some more of these guys for gifts, too.


3 comments:

Mimi said...

I love the way you did the nose!
The colors are bright and kids would really love it ;)

Tina said...

Thanks Mimi. Our son has been carrying his bear around with him and sleeping with him since I finished him. So I think he does like him. :) I want to make another one I'm just not sure if I want to do that one or a different one... Did you ever find your pattern for the teddy bear you were looking for yet?

Mimi said...

I looked at the links on the CAL thread and I found some cute ones like the mini thread bear.
Darski pointed out the link to the bear I wanted to make. But I'm sure I have the pattern printed here. I just didnt look yet as I have a sleeveless top WIP and I want to finish it, including all the pattern details. Oops...I'm rambling here. Talk to you later Tina...