Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow

We actually got some snow here...  

The back yard.  The past two weeks have been crazy.  Not because we actually got snow, but...  they closed school for the whole week last week. And they went one day (with a two hour delay), this week.  Last week we got ice (which I think I posted about).   Then this week (not until Wednesday night), it snowed.  I am SOOOOOOOO sick of this!! They have to close school for two weeks because of a little ice and snow?  I have never lived somewhere so stupid. Ever hear of a snow plow?  Get a snow plow and plow the roads!!??? Salt the roads...  People here are like "Oh we just can NOT get a bus up in the hills..."  Why not?  I lived in Colorado for two years, with steeper hills than this. And they do not salt their roads in Colorado.  But they didn't close school because of a little snow...   They closed school as much as Michigan, if even that much.  This is so ridiculous. It is making me insane!!!  
My sister posted this on facebook, and tagged me in it...   I have said this before.  It's true! And they are making me lose my mind.  I wish we never moved here at all.  

Duke loved the snow.   He was running around like a mad dog..  Lol  

While we were getting all this ice and snow, my husband was driving to Nevada, to get the rest of our stuff out of storage. (Yay!)  But what a nightmare...  There were winter storm warning/watches everywhere.  It was snowing in Texas..   O.o  There was a 25 (?) car pile-up on I-40. One person died, I think.  My husband thinks he drove right past it.  He said people were flying past him, going 70 mph, then they hit the ice, and bam..   It wasn't too bad on the way back. But, he was right in front of the storm (which brought the snow)..    So, now we have all our stuff.  You can't really see how much the living room was packed..  bags and boxes...  This isn't even all of it.  We have most of it put away now. I still have about four boxes, and three garbage bags full plus two big rubbermaid containers.   There is no room in this house!! I don't even know where I'm going to put the rest of it...  O.o  That's another thing that is making me insane...


So what do I do? I start another shawl. (Yeah, start another shawl when you don't even wear them..)  I told you they are making me insane, here. Lol.   I had three shawls that were in storage. Which I maybe only wore one of them. Once.  But I am happy to have them back..  :D   It got me trying to find the patterns, and looking at them on my blog..   I knew I had started another plum colored shawl, too. But I don't know where it is...   I vaguely remember the yarn getting so knotted up and tangled, that I  think I threw the whole thing away.  It was the "Evening Shawl".   I was going to make another shawl like the green and off-white ones I did. But then I wanted to do the Evening Shawl...   I have a bunch of the dark blue Simply Soft. So...  That's what I am making it with. Even though I wanted a plum colored one.  

No comments: