Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bloomin' Bag

..is done!! Yay! I finished it this morning. I have been meaning to make this bag for my Mom (so we can have "matching bags"- even though mine is red.. :P), forever. I had started it, too; a while ago. But never had motivation to work on it.  Somehow, I finished it today. (I forced myself.)  It's the Bloomin' Bag (like the title of the post says, right?) by Cathy Phillips. It's a free Ravelry download.
 

I love the lining..  I sewed a little pocket, too. Don't know if you can see it very well. I tried my best, but I still sewed it in a little bit crooked. :( 

:) 

And, another picture..   I am so glad it's done. Now to just mail it to her before summer is over. :)

2 comments:

paula said...

What yarn did you use? It looks so sosft . . and the lining is PERFECT!

When you sewed the lining, did you use a machine to attach it to the crochet or by hand?

Tina said...

Thanks, Paula. The yarn is soft, it's Red Heart Soft, in "Tangerine". I love the fabric, too. I wanted to keep the purse for myself. But I mailed it to her this morning. I did sew the lining edges by machine. For a finished look. But, I had to sew the pocket onto the lining by hand, and sew the lining into the purse/bag by hand.