Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crocheted Tweed Slipper (Only One So Far..)

Well I joined another CAL. Or an "Along"... It's a "Slipper Along". :P  I have been thinking about crocheting some slippers, recently. I had ordered a kit for the "Crocheted Tweed Slippers" from Mary Maxim, for my Aunt. She had wrote me and asked if I had any slipper patterns similar to two little pictures she sent me, from the Mary Maxim catalog. One of the them was the Knitted Tweed Slippers. So, I ordered the crochet pattern kit for her. I sent it to her. Then she wrote me back, saying she didn't know if she could do it. (There are FPDD's and the cuff is kind of a pain-now that I've crocheted one..)  And, look how small it came out. With a "J" hook, and holding two strands of yarn together.  ???  And I did not crochet tight. (Sigh.... This is not helping me out of my slump, at all; by the way...) 

I tried it on my foot, (I could barely get it on) to see if it would stretch at all.  A little, but still doesn't fit.  I will make a second slipper, though. I can send them to EEROP. They will fit a child. :)  I used Tan Fleck by Red Heart. That was the "tweediest" looking yarn I have. (Lol.)

Still have a bit of a sore throat.. :(  I don't know if it's allergies, or if I'm getting one/fighting one.  Maybe I should take some allergy stuff and see, huh?  I thought some lemon tea would help though...   (Don't ask me why I took a picture of it. :P) 

No comments: