Sunday, October 07, 2012

"All Dressed Up" Booties

A friend of mine is expecting her first grand baby (a girl) in February. She had posted a link t a picture of some baby booties on facebook. I started looking on Ravelry for baby booties, done in thread, crocheted. I found some very similar (I think they might be them, just tweaked a little tiny bit..) booties. From the book "Booties by the Dozen" from Leisure Arts.  I ordered a used (but in perfect condition) one from Amazon. I didn't have enough white thread so I started a pair in pink. :P

View from the front..  I want to make a second pair, in white, with beads.

These were the original booties she posted. Very similar don't you think? The only difference I can see is the person who crocheted these only did three straps on the top, and added a lacy round (just like the top part) for the edging on the bottom. (Plus the beads.)  Aren't they beautiful?


5 comments:

paula said...

I saw those on FB too. But, for the life of me, I can't remember where :0{

Your's look adorable . .and I think you do have the same pattern.

Katie B said...

Those are adorable!

rinebird said...

The slippers are beautiful,Tina.

Unknown said...

I have a question abut the pink All Dressed Up Booties. I have the booklet and for the like of me I can not get past the instep first strap. You can contact me at eastexasangel67@gmail.com if you would be willing to help me.

Tina said...

Hi Regina. I do not have my booklet with me, and it has been a while since I made these so I don't think I would be able to help you right now. Sorry. If I had the booklet with me I could probably help..