Monday, October 04, 2010

Afghan With No Name

I finally finished this afghan this morning. Yay!... I've been working on it off and on all summer. My husband's Aunt from Canada had sent me a picture of one she had done. I asked her where she got the pattern. She said she just made it up, and sent me a diagram/instructions on how she did it. 

Here it is on my son's twin bed. :)  I originally had started this for an "elder" (elderly person on the Reservation) that I send things to on Pine Ridge. But after I finished it, I realized it would be too small; and would be better for a child or a young teenager..

A close up of the squares...  The scrap squares are supposed to be "flowers". The light green are the "buds", and the darker green are the "leaves". :)  I held the squares wrong sides together, and sc'd them together in the back loops. So it created a "ridge".  I don't know how, but a lot of the squares were different sizes. ??  :(  I had to double up in some sc's, then sc some together...  It kind of puckers a lot in some areas.  I hope the person who gets it won't mind too much. It really bummed me out but I didn't want to re-do the whole thing. Next time I will have to make sure I pay attention.

And, the edging. I just did one row of off-white then one of the main square colors, a row of off-white, another main color..  Then I did a backwards sc all around. 

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hi!

It's very nice!!! I kept looking at it to see if I could think of a name... Can't think of one that fits.
I'm sure something will come to you.

~ Susan

Paula said...

looks good 0}

i know the feeling about making squares alike and end up with too many sts on some. no idea how it happens, but it sure does.

/0\ paula

Tina said...

Thank you, Susan & Paula. I still can't think of a name, either. Oh well. It will keep someone warmer this winter on Pine Ridge! :D

Vik said...

YEAH!!! Very pretty, Tina! Congratulations!