Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Catching Up...

I can hardly get on the computer anymore, between the kids and the hubby. Sheesh. Going to have to start scheduling a time when I can get on here. I finished a dishcloth last night. "Baked With Love" dishcloth. Seems to be the only thing I want to do anymore. :( I was going to start a 'Prime Rib' one on a dishcloth knitalong group I am in on Ravelry. But I could not get it. I had a horrible headache last night. Tylenol didn't even do anything for it. (My husband was home sick yesterday-- I felt like I was sick, too.) So far it hasn't come back. But it felt like it was trying to a few minutes ago. (I told it to go away. :P) Just jokin'....

Lookie what I got in the mail the other day!! I am doing a swap with someone on Crochetville. She sent me three bags of these beads! :0 I am going to be in stitch marker heaven. So far the only colors I have is pink, and green. So I will have to try and look for lavender, blue, and white now to go with these. Yay!! This is the second set of beads someone has sent me. And look at the pretty flower drawing she did. I love that.
I have also finished up the Spring Mystery CAL. I did one in WW and one in thread. The one in WW didn't look very good as a hat on me. It was a little tight. So, for the sake of posting a picture of it in the CAL, I put it on one of my plant pots. (I was really thinking it would look good w/ a clay flowerpot & flowers... but I don't have one.)


I still don't know what it is going to *be*.... Maybe I will get a pot of flowers next time I go to the store and put it out on my patio.
Here is the thread one. I think this would be good as a candle holder, or a little basket to put potpourri in. I still haven't stiffened it. I don't have any of the Stiff Stuff. I wonder if Elmers glue would work.... Probably not.


Well that's all for now. Our oldest son is home from his trip to my brother's/Grandma's (My Mom's). I am glad he is home now. We already went to the Oral Surgeon. (ugh....) He has to have all four of his wisdom teeth out. That will be about $400. Even w/ insurance. (Grrrr!!) Then he has to take driver's ed. That will be another $200. There goes all my new clothes I wanted to get. (Ha.)
I joined a swap at Crochetville. I haven't been in a swap there (except for the little, private swap I just did with someone) in a long time. It is the 'Scrap Yarn Swap and CAL'. It is a swap and a CAL. It sounds fun. I decided I would work on the yo-yo purse I got started with a while ago. I have about half the yo-yos I need to finish it. I have only been using scrap balls of yarn to do it with, so that's why it is taking forever. I got a skein of brown to do in between the yo-yos. It's going to be brown and green(s). I want to do a brown and pink one, too. I really like jonyponytails yo-yo purse and have wanted to do one like it for a long time... Well that's all for now. Have a Great Day Everyone!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

It sure looks good on your pot, Tina!
You seem to always have an FO to show, I wouldn't be able to catch up with you if I tried ;)

Tina said...

I think it is because I do little projects that I can finish fast. All my bigger projects are sitting somewhere, not getting worked on. :( I would never be able to do some of the beautiful things you finish! :-)

Mimi said...

I disagree, Tina. You've done several wonderful blankets already - and I, none. You've made tons of dishcloths and toys too. As for the wearables, you made a lovely shawl, a bolero and shrug not too long ago. You can certainly make anything that you want to ;)

Tina said...

I guess I have done a lot of blankets. I was thinking about your shrugs and purses, mostly. :) Thanks, Mimi. ;)