Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Baby Afghan I started last night...

Due to insomnia I finished these two squares last night for a baby afghan. It's going to be for my niece. My husbands' sisters' daughter and her husband are due October 1st. I *just* got a baby shower invitation (even though they know I won't make it-it's in Michigan) it's July 29th!! Yikes. I don't know if I will finish it by then w/ time to mail it. Let's see... that would be 39 days plus a week to send it.... I need 63 squares, that's approximately 1.6 squares a day, then the sewing together plus the border. So I'd have to do 2 or more a day. That *might* be workable... I don't know. Maybe if I sewed them together as I went along... Well anyway sorry I had to figure that out on your time. ;p The pattern came from 'Sweet as a Rose' Baby Afghans, by Leisure Arts.. I tried looking for it on their site, but I couldn't find it. (It may or may not still be in publication.) An old friend of mine bought it for me about eleven years ago, so I could make this afghan for her daughter. I made that one just like the one on the cover, in pink roses. This one I am doing in yellow, because the babys' room is painted yellow, and a lot of yellow Pooh things so I thought this would work well. Sheesh- I better shut up, and go do my daily quota of two squares, eh? :p

2 comments:

Lucy said...

You are so funny...I do the same thing...figuring out how many per day to finish something!

Tina said...

Tee Hee. ;p I might be able to do it, but I don't know. Yesterday I "filled" my quota but today..... (sigh...) Thanks for visiting Lucy! I think I tried to leave a comment on your blog but I don't know if it worked or not. (Course, I'm not sure if my brain is working half the time, so....) :p