Monday, July 04, 2005

Okay, I know this blog is supposed to be about crochet-related things. So far all I've posted about is my dog, the puppies, and our garden. But, they are just as much a part of my life as crocheting. (More, actually.)

Anyway, so here is our pumpkin patch. Our littlest guy calls it "Those pumpkin pies". :) When we first planted everything, and it was all starting to come up, I told him, "Remember when I made that pumpkin pie? When these get bigger, they'll have pumpkins and we can make lots of pumpkin pies". So he thinks they are pumpkin pies. :) We also planted zuccini, cucumbers, and tomatoes. This is the first time we've ever had a garden. I've planted rhubard in the past, but someone (I won't mention any names, but...) kept mowing them down every time he mowed the lawn. And a couple of years ago, I tried to grow some zuccini in pots: "Container Gardening", but it didn't work out very well. So we are excited to have everything growing so well, and can't wait to actually have some vegetables from them. Next, I want a couple of apple trees. :)

I will try to post something crochet- related soon, I promise! :)

No comments: